Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back shortly...

I've received some good input and questions in the few short months that I101 has been on the internet, and I appreciate every email, comment, question, and correction. All the input I've received has been useful and informative, and I will be addressing those ideas in the next couple of weeks. I try to make sure I've posted something well-thought out and decently researched on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but the last half of my week last week had me working 13-hour days full of back-to-back meetings and even having to go in for half of Saturday (which I haven't done in a while). Hence, it's left me with low energy and the desire to sleep in and shuffle around in my jammies.

You'll have days, weeks, and perhaps even months like this in your professional career. Maybe not so much now, but when the economy and the workload comes back, those days of overwork shall return. When they happen, make sure you're good to yourself when you're not at work. Get some sleep, forego that third drink at happy hour for a good dinner and some rest, go for a walk or a bike ride or a yoga class. Do what you need to do to get recharged...which is what I'm doing. My posts for this week will be a little late, but they'll be done. I really appreciate y'all continuing to visit the site, and feel free to share your own stories of overwork in the comments on via email from the sidebar. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment